Thanks for your interest in joining our team. Our current vacancies are listed below along with details of how to apply.
If you don’t see a role that suits you just now but are passionate about good coffee, great service and would enjoy working in a busy space with a friendly team, please feel free to drop us a line anyway – we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a cheerful, professional and motivated person to join us a Wholesale Assistant. This full-time position will be based in our main office/roastery as part of the wholesale team, which is responsible for looking after our wholesale, mail order and online shop customers as well as a lot of day to day office administration.
The successful individual will be passionate about coffee and dedicated to providing exemplary customer service. We are looking for a team player with exceptional communication skills, who is self-motivated and willing to pitch in wherever necessary. Experience in coffee not required, though a genuine interest is essential.
• Answering the main phone number – taking orders and assisting with enquiries.
• Managing the company’s general email inbox and handling as appropriate.
• Processing wholesale and mail order orders and invoices.
• Managing a list of wholesale customers and being their go-to person for general queries and orders.
• Help to manage roasted coffee stock; collate requirements and place daily orders with our roasting department; take responsibility for ensuring adequate stock levels while being mindful of roast dates.
• Liaising with our shops to coordinate coffee and non-coffee stock movement.
• Liaising with drivers and couriers to ensure orders are delivered; when mishaps occur, following up with customers and delivery companies to ensure everyone gets their coffee as soon as possible in the best way possible.
• General office administrative assistance.
• Scope to learn how to deputise for the online shop coordinator team when needed.
Required Skills and Qualities:
• Previous experience within an office, specifically with responsibilities for customer service.
• Excellent telephone manner; happy to pick up a main phone line and help whomever is ringing.
• Numerate; able to use previous usage data to plan for future stock needs. Experience of stock management would be beneficial.
• Proficient writing skills; professional writing style and impeccable grammar for letters, emails, company documents.
• Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with computer-based accounting system (Sage 200) would be beneficial.
• Detail-oriented and accurate.
• Desire to learn more about coffee.
• Willingness to learn and help out the team where necessary.
• Fluent English, both written and spoken.
• Full-time (5 days/week), typically Monday to Friday, but may include an occasional Saturday. Will require flexibility and extra shifts each December and around bank holidays.
• Immediate start preferred.
• Based in our Bermondsey office (SE16 4RA)
• Starting salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a covering letter and a CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line by 31 March. We will only consider those applications that include both a tailored covering letter and a current CV. We regret that we are only able to reply to short-listed candidates.
Coffee Retailer & Barista
We are looking for friendly, talented and good-natured people to join our Covent Garden and Borough Market shops. As a Barista-Retailer at Monmouth Coffee, your day would be filled with coffee, customers and shop-keeping. We can describe the job in three parts:
- Sell coffee – Proactively seek to learn about coffee to help find the right coffee for our customers.
- Make coffee – Learn to make both espresso-based and filter coffees drinks to Perfection each and every time.
- Be nice to people – take care of your customers, your colleagues and your space.
Our ideal candidate
- Has a genuine interest in learning about coffee and looking after people, in equal measure.
- Can work flexible shifts that are about 8 hours long, between 7am and 7.30pm. We need people who honestly enjoy being up and starting work early.
- Has some experience making a quality cup of coffee in a busy environment.
- Understands what it takes for a customer to enjoy their visit and how essential that is to our business.
- Is happy doing anything and everything that needs doing to keep a busy shop ticking along.
- Likes to keep moving and can see on their own that there is always something to do.
- Enjoys learning and wants to continue to grow professionally.
- Wants to commit to a permanent role and is happy to work Saturdays
The positions available are for someone who can commit to working either 4 days or 5 days per week, starting as soon as possible.
Some experience in coffee is preferred, but if you don’t have that and you meet all the other criteria and can show us why you would be a good addition with the right training, please do feel welcome to apply.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like receiving CVs but we are also looking for a couple of paragraphs that will tell us about you and why you are the right person for the job. Without that, we won’t consider your application. We aim to reply to everyone who applies, but there may be occasions when we are only able to reply to short-listed candidates.
For the successful candidate, we will offer a starting wage of £10.50 per hour, 5 weeks of paid holiday each year, Sundays off, a company contribution to a personal pension, ongoing coffee training and opportunities as well as other benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The team at Monmouth