We are currently looking for a handful of talented and cheerful people to join us in our Covent Garden and Borough Market shops. Some experience in coffee is preferred but we’re happy to consider candidates with a keen enthusiasm to learn about working professionally with coffee and customers.
As a retailer barista, your day would be filled with coffee and customers. We can simply describe the job in three parts:
- Sell coffee. Proactively seek to learn about coffee to help find the right coffee for our customers.
- Make coffee. Learn to make both espresso and filter based drinks to Perfection each and every time.
- Be nice to people.
Required Skills and Qualities
- Previous experience in coffee, hospitality or a kitchen is preferred but not essential.
- Genuine interest in learning about coffee and looking after people, in equal measure.
- Proven ability to provide exemplary customer focused service.
- Quick and interested in learning.
- Experience working well within a busy team.
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking.
- Fluent English language skills, particularly speaking and listening.
- Both full time (5 days per week) or part time (3 or 4 days per week) positions are available.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer positions for fewer than 3 days per week.
- We work every Saturday; availability is essential.
- We work on a rota and everyone does their share of opening shifts (starting as early as 6.45am) and closing shifts (finishing at 7.30pm). You need to be able to work different shifts each week.
- We offer 5 weeks of paid holiday each year.
- You will receive coffee theory training, barista training and have the opportunity to join in on cupping sessions and quality control tastings.
Please send a covering letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. We will only consider those applications that include both a tailored covering letter and a current CV. We aim to reply to everyone who applies, but there may be occasions when we are only able to reply to short-listed candidates.