Thanks for your interest in joining our team. Our current vacancies are listed below along with details of how to apply.
If you don’t see a role that suits you just now but are passionate about good coffee, great service and would enjoy working in a busy space with a friendly team, please feel free to drop us a line anyway – we would love to hear from you.
Coffee Retailer & Barista
We are looking for friendly, talented and good-natured people to join our Covent Garden and Borough Market shops. As a Barista-Retailer at Monmouth Coffee, your day would be filled with coffee, customers and shop-keeping. We can describe the job in three parts:
- Sell coffee – Proactively seek to learn about coffee to help find the right coffee for our customers.
- Make coffee – Learn to make both espresso-based and filter coffees drinks to Perfection each and every time.
- Be nice to people – take care of your customers, your colleagues and your space.
Our ideal candidate
- Has a genuine interest in learning about coffee and looking after people, in equal measure.
- Can work flexible shifts that are about 8 hours long, between 7am and 7.30pm. We need people who honestly enjoy being up and starting work early.
- Has some experience making a quality cup of coffee in a busy environment.
- Understands what it takes for a customer to enjoy their visit and how essential that is to our business.
- Is happy doing anything and everything that needs doing to keep a busy shop ticking along.
- Likes to keep moving and can see on their own that there is always something to do.
- Enjoys learning and wants to continue to grow professionally.
- Wants to commit to a permanent role and is happy to work Saturdays
The positions available are for someone who can commit to working either 4 days or 5 days per week, starting as soon as possible.
Some experience in coffee is preferred, but if you don’t have that and you meet all the other criteria and can show us why you would be a good addition with the right training, please do feel welcome to apply.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like receiving CVs but we are also looking for a couple of paragraphs that will tell us about you and why you are the right person for the job. Without that, we won’t consider your application. We aim to reply to everyone who applies, but there may be occasions when we are only able to reply to short-listed candidates.
For the successful candidate, we will offer a starting wage of £10.50 per hour, 5 weeks of paid holiday each year, Sundays off, a company contribution to a personal pension, ongoing coffee training and opportunities as well as other benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The team at Monmouth