Thanks for your interest in joining our team. All of our current vacancies are listed below – please take a look and we hope to hear from you.
Coffee Packer + Occasional Barista (Production Team)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, focussed and good-natured person to join our packing team. This team is responsible for ensuring that all online, mail order and wholesale orders are packed and despatched to perfection each time. This includes making up boxes, weighing and grinding coffee, checking orders, stock management and lots of other bits and pieces.
The job also includes time each week working in our onsite shop selling and making coffee so experience or interest in learning in this area is preferred.
The ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail, is able to work proactively and likes coffee. We are happy to accept applications for both full time or part time work (minimum commitment 3 days).
The role is based in Bermondsey and weekend availability is essential. We work Sundays at the moment but this could also include Saturdays in the future and at busy times of the year.
If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, please send us your CV with a covering letter about why you’d like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Coffee Retailer + Barista
Joining our retail team as a Coffee Retailer + Barista would mean being an integral part of the company’s ethos – helping customers choose their coffee, making quality coffees to drink, and ensuring the shop has an inviting atmosphere. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic and has a genuine interest in all of these areas.
The role includes:
• Learning about each coffee on the counter and helping customers choose what to buy for home brewing.
• Working as a team on a Linea to make espresso-based drinks.
• Making single cup filter coffees.
• As well as other usual shop & café duties: tills, clearing & dishes, stock management, etc.
• Weekend work is part of the position.
• Professional coffee experience preferred but not essential.
If you join our team, you can look forward to:
• Starting rate of £13 per hour.
• Staff cuppings and on-going training, including online sessions with producers.
• 250g of coffee free each week plus an excellent discount on any extra coffee and merchandise.
• A generous pension contribution.
• Cycle to work scheme (available for e-bikes as well).
• Tech scheme.
• 5 weeks of paid holiday each year.
• Contracts and guaranteed hours.
• No split shifts.
• We are dedicated to working with the very best suppliers and manufacturers, from our coffee to our pastries, chocolate, and equipment.
If this role sounds like a good fit, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Monmouth Coffee opened in 1978 roasting and retailing coffee from a small shop in Covent Garden with the aim of providing coffee with producer traceability and professional, knowledgeable, and welcoming service.
Fast forward 44 years and we still retail coffee from Covent Garden, and now we also buy nearly all of our coffee directly and have a bean counter that sees about 60 coffees in a year. We also have a much larger roasting site with Loring roasters, an online shop, a busy shop in Borough Market and a team of about 70 people including teams for retail, green coffee, online, wholesale, roasting, packing, accounts, training and maintenance.
Working fairly is at the very heart of what we do. We are committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive team. We look to continuously improve our recruitment and want to hear from anyone who is dedicated to working in service and coffee. We hope this makes you feel welcome to apply with us.