Thank you for your interest in joining our team. You will find details of vacancies and how to apply below.
If there isn’t anything suitable at the moment, please do check back soon and, if you’d like, do feel free to send us an email in the meantime to express your interest and we’ll keep your CV on file.
We are looking for an accountant to assist our Finance Director. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be part of a small team and take on significant responsibility with scope for growth. The team is comprised of the Finance Director and the Accountant so the job will include all levels of finance administration, including basic bookkeeping.
• Purchase ledger
• Sales ledger inc. credit control
• Sales projections
• Bank reconciliations
• Management accounts
• Work with department managers
• Statutory accounts
• Stock control
• Nominal ledger
• Payroll help
These represent the majority of the work required in this position; additional detail for these key duties is provided
• Part-qualified (CIMA, ACA or ACCA preferred) accountant, who is able to demonstrate a recent progression and intention to be fully qualified within two years.
• Previous experience with Sage 200 or equivalent.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Experience preparing management and statutory accounts
• An interest in current affairs that affect the economy, our customers, suppliers and competitors, and ability to relate these to our business.
• Ready to to take initiative, make improvements.
• Full time position, Monday to Friday, with some occasional weekend work
• Based in SE1; there is some scope for working from home during the current pandemic but we do want this to be an office based job in the long run
• Competitive salary based on experience.
Please send a CV to email@example.com together with a short paragraph that tells us why you would like the role and how it suits your experience and goals
Additional detail of key duties
• Post invoices
• Make payments through the bank’s online system, ready for approval
• Post daily credit card and BACS receipts
• Post sales journals
• Work in a positive way with our customers to ensure that cash is collected and posted promptly. Show interest in what our customers are doing and building strong relationships with them.
• Approve credit applications.
• Send out and action monthly statements.
• Prepare all the information for quarterly projection meetings. Arrange and help run the meetings. Maintain projections spreadsheets and update them following the meetings.
• Complete monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
• Take ownership of the accuracy and completeness of the non-coffee stock ledger.
• Attend stock counts when necessary, test the accuracy of counts and provide support.
• Maintain the stock ledger and reconcile to actual stocks held monthly, investigating discrepancies.
• Prepare and post accruals, prepayments and other nominal ledger adjustments
• Take responsibility for periodically checking each account in the Nominal Ledger (NL) – checking that entries are as expected and explaining/making corrections/additional postings where necessary.
• Prepare the management accounts, making sure they are accurate and ready for high level review promptly after the period end. Analyse the results so that all movements from budget/last year are understood and fully explained. Talk to staff around the business to understand the reasons behind the changes.
• Use graphs, tables etc. to understand our business more clearly, and to provide enlightening information to the directors.
• Keep up to date with Reporting Financial Standards and understand how they affect our business.
• Manage the process to produce all back-up information for the external reviewers (RSM) in a timely manner. Make sure that we meet all deadlines set by the reviewers for provision of information.
• Be the main point of contact for the RSM team, both the person doing the field work and the manager. Ensure that all accounting issues are discussed and resolved.
• Review the draft statutory accounts, tie all numbers in and follow up on differences. Ensure that management accounts agree to the statutory accounts and reconcile where necessary.
• Corporation Tax
o Prepare all information required for the preparation of the tax calculation by the external accountants.
o Review and fully understanding the tax calculation, including deferred tax.
o Tie all numbers from the tax calculation into the draft tax return and discuss and resolve any issues.
• Ensure that all s. 455 tax is calculated correctly, paid and reclaimed correctly.
• Prepare and submit VAT returns. Keep up to date with changes to VAT rules that affect the business.