Thanks for your interest in joining our team. Our current vacancies are listed below along with details of how to apply.
If you don’t see a role that suits you just now but are passionate about good coffee, great service and would enjoy working in a busy space with a friendly team, please feel free to drop us a line anyway – we would love to hear from you.
Wholesale Team Manager
We are looking for a friendly, thoughtful and experienced manager to supervise our wholesale office, online shop and packing teams.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of our coffees.
- Manage and help to develop the members of the wholesale office team.
- Undertake all duties of the wholesale assistant role with confidence.
- Line manage and work with the Wholesale Account Coordinator in providing support to current customers and taking on new customers.
- Work alongside the Training Manager to offer both MCC staff and wholesale customers training and support.
- Line manage the Online Shop Coordinator and assist with online shop developments.
- Undertake all the duties of the online shop team when required.
- Line manage the Packing Supervisor and together, manage the packing team.
- Manage holiday requests and plan weekly rotas for the production and office teams.
- Manage and maintain time sheets and record these accurately in our payroll system.
- Oversee management of roasted coffee stock and non-coffee stock.
- Continually review, modify and improve current processes and systems.
- Use Sage 200 process orders, run reports, assist customers; make improvements to the system where possible.
- Ensure departments provide support to the wider company, especially the retail and roasting teams.
- Ensure adherence to the company quality control systems.
Required Skills and Qualities
- Desire to continually learn about coffee; experience working in coffee or food production preferred.
- Previous experience within an office, specifically with responsibilities for customer service.
- Excellent telephone manner; happy to pick up a main phone line and help whomever is ringing.
- Experience managing a good sized team and across departments.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Willingness to learn and help out where necessary.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Proficient writing skills; professional writing style and impeccable grammar for letters, emails, company documents.
- Numerate; able to use previous usage data to plan for future stock needs.
- Experience of stock management.
- Advanced computer skills required. Preference given to candidates with experience using Excel, Outlook, Sage 200 (or similar accounting system), Fourth Hospitality (or similar HR and payroll system), WooCommerce and WordPress.
- Experience working with an online shop platform preferred.
- Experience in a Business to Business setting.
- Full time, typically Monday to Friday and may include an occasional Saturday. Will require flexibility and extra shifts each December and around bank holidays.
- Immediate start preferred.
- Based in our Bermondsey office (SE16 4RA).
- Starting salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter explaining why you think you’re the right person for the role, along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only consider those applications that include both a tailored covering letter and a current CV.
Closing date is 20 July with interviews likely in late July / early August.
We regret that we are only able to reply to short-listed candidates.
Coffee Retailer & Barista
We are looking for friendly, talented and good-natured people to join our Covent Garden and Borough Market shops. As a Barista-Retailer at Monmouth Coffee, your day would be filled with coffee, customers and shop-keeping. We can describe the job in three parts:
- Sell coffee – Proactively seek to learn about coffee to help find the right coffee for our customers.
- Make coffee – Learn to make both espresso-based and filter coffees drinks to Perfection each and every time.
- Be nice to people – take care of your customers, your colleagues and your space.
Our ideal candidate
- Has a genuine interest in learning about coffee and looking after people, in equal measure.
- Can work flexible shifts that are about 8 hours long, between 7am and 7.30pm. We need people who honestly enjoy being up and starting work early.
- Has some experience making a quality cup of coffee in a busy environment.
- Understands what it takes for a customer to enjoy their visit and how essential that is to our business.
- Is happy doing anything and everything that needs doing to keep a busy shop ticking along.
- Likes to keep moving and can see on their own that there is always something to do.
- Enjoys learning and wants to continue to grow professionally.
- Wants to commit to a permanent role and is happy to work Saturdays
The positions available are for someone who can commit to working either 4 days or 5 days per week, starting as soon as possible.
Some experience in coffee is preferred, but if you don’t have that and you meet all the other criteria and can show us why you would be a good addition with the right training, please do feel welcome to apply.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch – email@example.com.
We like receiving CVs but we are also looking for a couple of paragraphs that will tell us about you and why you are the right person for the job. Without that, we won’t consider your application. We aim to reply to everyone who applies, but there may be occasions when we are only able to reply to short-listed candidates.
For the successful candidate, we will offer a starting wage of £11 per hour, 5 weeks of paid holiday each year, Sundays off, a company contribution to a personal pension, ongoing coffee training and opportunities as well as other benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The team at Monmouth