Thanks for your interest in joining our team. All of our current vacancies are listed below – please take a look and we hope to hear from you.
Monmouth Coffee opened in 1978 roasting and retailing coffee from a small shop in Covent Garden with the aim of providing coffee with producer traceability and professional, knowledgeable and welcoming service.
Fast forward 44 years and we still retail coffee from Covent Garden, and now we also buy nearly all of our coffee directly and have a bean counter that sees about 60 coffees in a year. We also have a much larger roasting site with Loring roasters, an online shop, a busy shop in Borough Market and a team of about 70 people including teams for retail, green coffee, online, wholesale, roasting, packing, accounts, training and maintenance.
Joining our retail team as a Retailer-Barista would mean being an integral part of the company’s ethos – helping customers choose their coffee, making quality coffees to drink, and ensuring the shop has an inviting atmosphere. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic and has a genuine interest in all of these areas.
The role includes:
• Learning about each coffee on the counter and helping customers choose what to buy for home brewing.
• Working as a team on a Linea to make espresso based drinks.
• Making filter coffees.
• As well as other usual shop & café duties: tills, clearing & dishes, stock management, etc.
If you join our team, you can look forward to:
• Staff cuppings and on-going training, including online sessions with producers.
• 250g of coffee free each week plus an excellent discount on any extra coffee and merchandise
• A generous pension contribution
• Cycle to work scheme (available for e-bikes as well)
• Tech scheme
• Simply Health insurance
• 5 weeks of paid holiday each year
• Starting rate of £11 per hour
• Contracts and guaranteed hours
• No split shifts
• We are committed to being fully staffed so everyone has a nice day.
• We are dedicated to working with the very best suppliers and manufacturers, from our coffee to our pastries, chocolate and equipment.
Weekend work and a flexible schedule are essential.
Professional coffee experience preferred.
If this role sounds like a good fit, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Working fairly is at the very heart of what we do. We are committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive team. We look to continuously improve our recruitment and want to hear from anyone who is dedicated to working in service and coffee.